Usually, our photo scavenger hunts involve sending groups out with a list of things to take photos of, then they return, attach all the photos to a poster board and caption them. In this Reverse Caption Photo Scavenger Hunt, you send the team out with a list of creative captions and they must take a photo of something they think best fits the captions. In "Flickr-speak" we would say "rather than tagging the photo, we are photoing the tag!" So, every team is free to use their imagination. Here's a sample of some possible captions in which the challenge is to take a photo of the "THIS" in each caption:
- Everyone agreed that one look at THIS and you just knew all the beauty in the world was a gift from God.
- No one could prove it, but THIS looked to be evidence of an overly-compassionate bunch of church youth!
- Amazing! THIS is an exact duplicate of (insert youth leader's name) face found in nature/public.
- All the townspeople agreed. THIS was truly a sign of God's love.
- Police office Smith wasn't sure what to make of it, but she wrote down in her report: THIS is evidence of an "attempted servanthood with intent to cause smiles."
- Surely THIS could only mean one thing: Harry Potter (or insert or famous name) had been here.
- It was pretty obvious to the onlookers how THIS was going to end.
- "Be Careful!" someone shouted at the group. "THIS could cause an unstoppable outbreak of peace in the world."
- Who would have thought a youth group could do THIS and no one got arrested! (Okay, maybe you wouldn't want to use this one, but I think it's pretty funny.)
See our other ideas by entering "scavenger hunt" into the search box at the top of the page.